So you want to know what questions to ask your senior loved one, but you don’t really know where to start. Perhaps you want to get to know a senior family member or loved one a little better. Stellar Living has got you covered!
Check out these 20 questions to ask your senior loved one to get to know them a little better.
You might want to write down your loved one’s answers, or even record them on video. They won’t be around forever, and you might find you will really treasure a record of the things you learned about your senior loved one after they are gone.
- What are some of your favorite childhood memories?
- What is your favorite food?
- What was your childhood home like?
- What is your favorite holiday tradition?
- Did you ever have a nickname?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- How did you and your spouse/partner meet?
- What’s the most rebellious thing you’ve ever done?
- Do you remember your first kiss?
- What did your first car look like?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What was your favorite job?
- What is your favorite band, singer or type of music?
- Who are your favorite authors, and what are your favorite books?
- Where was the coolest place you’ve traveled to?
- What sports or activities did you participate in when you were in school?
- If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
- What was your favorite childhood meal?
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in your life so far?
As you ask your senior loved one these 20 questions, you’ll get to know them better and learn things about them you might never have known otherwise. Stellar Living hopes these questions will start meaningful conversations and create fond memories for both of you.