Stellar’s Courtyard at Jamestown Senior Living Community isn’t just a great place for everything from independent living to memory care. It’s also located in an exciting and vibrant neighborhood in the heart of Utah County. From beautiful outdoor scenery, to fun social venues, to tons of unique restaurants, there’s something for everyone near the Courtyard at Jamestown. Check out over 25 fun things to do near Stellar’s Jamestown Senior Living Community.
Outdoor Activities near Courtyard at Jamestown
Provo offers a huge variety of outdoor activities for the active senior who loves nature. Here are just a few!
- Walking and Hiking. You’ll find every type of trail, from easy paved surfaces that are wheelchair- and walker-friendly, to more challenging hikes for the intrepid senior.
- Biking. Biking can be a great choice for active seniors, because it’s easier on the joints and requires less effort to travel further. Here’s a Cycling Map that shows you all the many bike paths around Provo.
- Rafting. Did you know you can raft the Provo River via a guided tour? A shuttle is included, and this river doesn’t feature any large rapids. It’s a mellow and relaxing way to enjoy beautiful Provo Canyon.
- Skiing and Snowboarding. Seniors who enjoy winter sports are sure to love world-class Sundance Resort, located up Provo Canyon. Sundance also offers a lovely spa experience.
- Hot Springs. If you want to get outside but in a more restful way, check out Provo’s hot springs. The Springs at Sundance will be an easy way to feel restored when it is completed in Winter 2024.
- Boating. Nearby Utah Lake is a great place for boating and water sports. Your grandkids are going to love it!
- Horseback riding. Riding horses is a wonderful therapeutic pursuit that many seniors enjoy. Provo is home to many great equestrian trails. You can also book a guided tour with your own personal cowboy at Sundance Stables.
Provo boasts a state-of-the-art Recreation Center located less than 3 miles from the Courtyard at Jamestown. This incredible rec center offers a variety of senior-focused programs, including:
- Track Walking. This is a great way to keep up your walking schedule, even in the winter! Walk with a friend on this indoor, slip-resistant track.
- Senior Water Aerobics. A great way to stay fit, targeted especially toward seniors. Water aerobics is also a great form of physical therapy when recovering from surgery or injuries.
- Puzzle Group. Puzzles are more fun with friends!
- Bingo every Thursday.
- Community Fitness classes especially for the 60+ crowd.
- 60+ Senior Tours.
Social & Intellectual Pursuits near Courtyard at Jamestown
A lot of seniors with intellectual interests have made Provo, Utah their home. Check out these fun social activities for senior citizens. These are also located at the Provo Rec Center.
- Book of the Month Club
- Spanish Language Classes
- Photo and Video Editing Classes
- Family History Classes, especially for people over the age of 60
- Basic Computer Programming Classes
- Senior Handbuilding Ceramics Classes
- Senior Watercolor Classes
Restaurants & Dining near Courtyard at Jamestown
Provo is known for its diverse and unique restaurant scene. Seniors might enjoy trying these special restaurants and dining venues.
- Brick Oven. A classic Provo staple located near Brigham Young University, Brick Oven offers a great salad bar, incredible pizza, and an optional buffet-style experience. The atmosphere is fun and festive, and the food is classic Italian-American favorites.
- La Jolla Groves. European-style fare in an upscale environment at the Shops at Riverwoods.
- The Foundry Grill, located at scenic Sundance Resort.
- Looking for a unique snack? Try Hruska’s Kolaches, a local favorite located on Center Street in Provo.
- Black Sheep Cafe in downtown Provo has Southwestern and Native-American inspired dishes you won’t find anywhere else. Reservations are recommended at this popular eatery!
You won’t run out of places to shop near the Courtyard at Jamestown. Here are a few of our favorite spots.
- The Shops at Riverwoods is a beautiful outdoor boutique-shopping experience with some delicious restaurants, too. We particularly love the classic candy-shop vibe at Blickenstaff’s.
- The Provo Farmer’s Market, held on Saturdays from 10-2 June through October, is a great place for socializing and shopping.
- Check out BYU Store for a shopping experience unique to Provo. Previously “just” a college bookstore, the BYU store offers candy, fudge, gifts, and more. Brigham Young University campus is a great place to stroll around, too.